We propose ourselves as an international team of high-level experts capable of dealing with multidisciplinary issues thanks to the presence in our team of both academies and companies from hard and soft science.
SILKWAY bases its intervention areas on five Units.
The main goal of SILKWAY is to promote research, training and the dissemination of knowledge at all levels of society by agreeing on joint initiatives between the network partners and creating links between business, academia and civil society.
The shared vision is of a world without cultural barriers and open to research and education, with the establishment of joint degree programmes and the exchange of teachers and students
SILKWAY the ideal platform to take a cross-cultural, community-focused approach, not only in terms of technical and economic development, but also in terms of policy and scientific collaboration.
5 RESEARCH UNITS WORKING TOGETHER
Initiatives and topics
Geopolitics and Demography
- Economic and social inequality, globalization
- Networks structure and spatial economics
- Trade and Inequality
- Urbanization, education, income and poverty
Finance, Management and Law
- Belt and Road and Corporate Social Credit System (SCS)
- New Marshall Plan: 5G and Health Silk Road
Energy and Environment
- Energy transition
- Use of new energy sources with low environmental impact
- Financial instruments for mitigating climate change
- Focus on water
Infrastructure and Connectivity
- Transports, modal nodes and inter-modality
- Mobility flows
- Urban Mobility Policies and Sustainability
- MaaS (Mobility as a Service)
Theory, Culture and Politics
- Issues of public concern, which affect cultures and societies at the global level.
- Sustainability, responsibility, common goods, human development, human rights
- Citizenhip, public sphere, deliberative democracy, gender relations, political conflicts